Shiners can remove a cockroach infestation from your home or business and help you put measures in place to prevent their return. Cockroaches carry diseases such as Salmonella, Dysentery & Gastro-enteritis, so exposure to this pest also poses significant health risks. If you have initial or advanced stages of an infestation Shiners will help your home or business become free of these menaces. Cockroaches are fast breeders, and females do not even need to mate in order to reproduce. A single female can produce two egg cases a week, each containing up to 16 eggs, which can quickly lead to an expontial infestation.
- Disease - Cockroaches can transmit: Typhoid Fever, Cholera, Dysentery, Listeriosis and other diseases, spread by their faces and vomit which contaminates food and other services they pass over. As they eat rotten food, dead flesh and faces it is no wonder.
- Bites - Although cockroach bites are quite rare, they have been reported to bite fingernails, eyelashes, calloused skin on hands and feet. The following link shows a extremely rare example of a victim of cockroach bites - click here.
Signs of Cockroaches:
- Smell - Cockroaches leave a pungent odour behind. Said to smell musty and oily. This smell can be detected by just a few. The smell emits from their bodies and the urine they leave behind.
- Cockroach droppings - Cockroaches leave behind black/brown coloured droppings which look like pepper or coffee granules.
- Shedded skins - You may find shedded skin as a single cockroach will shed their skin between 5-8 times as they go through various stages of growth. The skins are light brown and cockroach shaped. If you find a skin, you can be sure a larger version of itself is running around.
Cockroaches can be a big problem as they are extremely resilient. They can survive without food for over a month. As they can hold their breath for 20mins and sewers are their ideal breading ground, flushing them out is not so simple. Shiners can help remove your cockroaches and can put measures in place to safeguard against their return.